If you think finding the right gift to give to a close friend is hard, what about those you don’t know that well? When it comes to giving gifts to people you’re close with, it wouldn’t be too hard seeing as you would already have an idea about the things they may like to receive, their likes and dislikes, hobbies, interests and preferences. But with people you don’t know well, finding the right gift can become a gamble. You will be buying gifts you aren’t sure that the person will appreciate.
But it’s okay to feel stressed about it. You only want to give a great gift and make sure your efforts don’t go in vain. So in order to avoid that, here are some tips that you can use when looking for gifts for people you don’t know that well.
- Go with a homemade gift or a hostess gift. A hostess gift is something that people bring during a dinner or a party hosted by another person. Oftentimes, hostess gifts are in the form of wine. But if the person you’re gifting to doesn’t drink, then you should definitely consider a homemade gift such as food and other homemade goods.
- Go for a practical gift. You can also give something that the person can use in his/her profession. For example, if the recipient works in an office or school, then you can buy supplies that he/she can use.
- Take that person out for lunch. If you’re gifting a colleague or a co-worker, then you can just take that person out for lunch one day and as you would not only get away from stress but you could also get to know each other better.
- Ask people who are good friends with the recipient. The recipient’s friends would definitely know what to give so why not ask for their personal opinion?
- Go with safe gifts. Monogram gifts, for example, are safe gifts that are not only cool but thoughtful as well. With monogram gifts, you don’t need to worry about whether the recipient would like the gift or not as you can never really go wrong with monogram gifts.