Perth electricians can expect employment opportunities to grow by approximately 12% between 2008 and 2018. Increased building construction will require electrical work and electrical systems need to be upgraded to present electrical codes. Buildings will require the installation of new energy saving systems. Finally, Perth electricians are expected to replace those who will be retiring anytime soon.
How to start a small electrical business
1. Choose a structure for your business with the help of a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) who is knowledgeable with small business services.
2. A business license must be obtained including other permits that may be required in Perth.
3. A commercial insurance company can be consulted regarding business liability and professional liability insurance.
4. It also important to register with the tax department so that the right taxes will be paid.
5. Prior to starting with the business, Perth electricians must have state-issued licenses that are issued to different classes of electricians and electrical contractors according to the tasks that they can perform.
6. Even if you will spending more time providing service to customer, it is important to establish an office that will serve as a base to store electrical supplies and equipment and where paperwork can be accomplished. Even if mobile phones are now the trend, it does not hurt to have a landline.
7. Cultivating commercial prospects is critical to the success of a business. Contact general contractors and building engineers for potential opportunities in new home constructions or remodeling projects.
8. Build good relationships with real estate agents in Perth and other neighboring towns and cities for the electrical phase of remodeling and renovation projects. Electrical work is often necessary for homes in preparation for the real market. Home buyers usually require inspections and your services will be important to ensure that the electrical system complies with safety regulations.
9. To attract potential residential and commercial customers, offer a discount on the electrical project fees for a specific time period.
10. Make your business known by posting advertisements in home improvements magazines and local newspapers. Make sure you have a website because most consumers nowadays prefer to search for products and services online.